Solid Rock Community School is a K-12 program. Our academic program is quite unique and sets us apart from all other schools. It is what allows us to actually accommodate both learning different students and gifted students effectively within the same school. This is a blessing to the family with multiple children of different ages and skill sets.
Solid Rock truly looks at each student as an individual learner, so the program is designed to meet each child’s unique academic needs. Solid Rock helps each student reach their full personal potential by focusing on their strengths and using their own unique gifts to encourage and motivate them. Their self esteem and confidence develop as they build a foundation for future successes.
Upon application, each student will be interviewed and their academic history reviewed. They will take a battery of assessments, including a national norm-based assessment and several specific curriculum-based assessments. They will participate in one or more trial days on campus. Based on the comprehensive information obtained, the Solid Rock Community School Academic Administrators will create a customized academic program tailored to the student’s individual needs, unique abilities, and interests. Skill-level education leaves out the gaps, boredom, or frustration typically experienced by students who have been placed by only age/grade in other schools. This is ideal for students who do not fit in the box of traditional placement, like those who are gifted or learning challenged.
- Solid Rock truly looks at each student as an individual learner, so the program is designed to meet each child’s unique academic needs.
- Solid Rock Community School provides a seamless educational experience as the student progresses from elementary grades through high school.
- Each child is met and addressed where they are individually. The materials and challenges they are given are matched to their ability to ensure success and to provide them with a true sense of joy and accomplishment.
- Solid Rock helps each student reach his or her full personal potential by focusing on their strengths and using their own unique gifts to encourage and motivate them.
- While learning is natural, instruction must be systematic and intentional. Solid Rock Community School teachers hold high expectations that their students will thrive. They hold themselves responsible for their students’ growth. They are skilled in assessing their students’ strengths and areas of need. They encourage the areas of strength and carefully design new ways to guide the student through their difficulties. At Solid Rock, we recognize that it is not enough to prepare a student for college- they must also be prepared for life, through citizenship, self-knowledge, and independent decision making.
- Just as each child develops naturally with regard to their studies, so too is there a natural progression in the way they view themselves and interact with others. Woven through our curriculum is an emphasis on the development of values and character. This progresses to having a full awareness of others and the qualities that are always valued in a human being: respect, generosity, kindness, cheerfulness, confidence, and compassion.
- Our students love to come to school because they are constantly challenged, guided, and loved.